Project Scheduled to Begin Fall 2020
Construction is scheduled to begin this fall to make major improvements to the North Trunk Sewer Main, a pipeline which collects sewer flows from homes and businesses in the area of Chanate Road and Mendocino Avenue. This project will upgrade and improve performance of the collection system by replacing or relocating sections of aging, inefficient, or inaccessible sewer pipelines, as well as certain water pipelines. Work will take place on portions of Chanate Road, Mendocino Avenue, Plum Drive, Lomitas Avenue, Lomitas Lane, Strawberry Drive, and certain easements not in roadways (see map below).
Project Fact Sheet (pdf)
During this significant construction, there will be some unavoidable noise, dust, traffic delays, and changes in on-street parking availability. Please remember that once construction ends, your homes and businesses will have an improved, more reliable, efficient, and durable sewer and water infrastructure.
We apologize for any disruption as the project gets underway!
Benefits of this project:
- Reduce the potential for sewer overflows
- Protect the environment, including Paulin Creek and its riparian habitat
- Provide improved and safer access for routine pipeline inspection and maintenance
- Improve water pressure and flows
- Ensure your homes and businesses can depend on a safe, reliable sewer system, for the long-term