In this issue:
- Upcoming work at Chanate/Humboldt/Belvedere “island”
- Reminder: Chanate Road detour extended to mid-December
- Please drive safely when near construction
* Scheduling information shown is subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances
Upcoming work at Chanate/Humboldt/Belvedere “island”
Starting next week, work is anticipated to begin on (and under) the triangle-shaped “island” at the intersection of Chanate Road, Humboldt Street, and Belvedere Way. This work will be very visible to nearby residents and passing motorists, consisting of the underground installation of large pipelines at the bottom of deep bore/ram pits, and above-ground activity with equipment, crews, and materials. Please use extra caution when driving near that “island” location, and along other parts of Chanate Road where work is taking place.
Reminder: Chanate Road detour extended to mid-December
Due to previous unforeseen circumstances as well as the recent wet weather, the work on Chanate Road is taking longer than scheduled. Therefore, the detour of westbound traffic (including bicyclists) on Chanate Road between Terra Linda Drive and Humboldt Street is now anticipated to extend to mid-December 2021. As we’ve noted previously, the construction schedule is always subject to change due to weather or unforeseen circumstances beyond the control of the City and its contractors. We apologize for this extension, and appreciate your patience. CLICK HERE for details about the detour.
Please note that once the detour is removed and westbound traffic on Chanate Road is restored, daily traffic control and temporary lane closures will continue as other project-related work takes place. The two emergency vehicle access points (Terra Linda Drive/Lake Park Drive, and Andy Way/Baldwin Way) which are temporarily open will be re-closed shortly after the detour is removed.
Please drive safely when near construction
As work continues both below-ground and on the surface, it’s important for motorists to remember to drive safely, and be on the lookout for crews and equipment.
Some general reminders for motorists:
- Check your speed and observe speed limits – never drive faster than is safe for the conditions
- Use extra caution and watch for equipment and materials
- Allow additional time to reach your destination
- During working hours, watch for work crews
- If going through the two temporarily-opened emergency vehicle access points (Terra Linda Drive/Lake Park Drive, and Andy Way/Baldwin Way), proceed slowly and carefully – access is in the northbound direction only.
Thank you for your attention to safety on the the roads!