In this issue:
- Westbound Chanate Road to reopen as of 12/18
- Update on overall project schedule
- Please drive safely when near construction
* PLEASE NOTE: scheduling information shown is subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances
Westbound Chanate Road to reopen as of 12/18
Great news from the Chanate Sewer Project!
Barring any further unanticipated circumstances – and depending on the amount of rain from the incoming storm – we expect to remove the detour and reopen the westbound lane of Chanate Road as of Saturday, December 18.
Concurrently, the two emergency vehicle access points (at Terra Linda Drive and Andy Way) that were opened during the detour will be closed. Once westbound traffic on Chanate Road is restored, daily traffic control and temporary lane closures on that roadway will continue into next year as other project-related work takes place.
From the entire project team: thank you again for your patience during this lengthy detour!
Update on overall project schedule
As a reminder, the overall Chanate Sewer Replacement Project has always been planned to be an approximately two-year project (the detour being only a portion of that). The overall project remains on schedule for completion in summer of 2022.
Here is an overall summary of the work elements to accomplish for the overall project:
- Complete the installation of sewer pipelines on Chanate Road
- Remove the detour and close the emergency vehicle access points
- Abandon the old sewer pipeline (filling it with concrete)
- Replace sewer pipes on Lomitas Lane, Strawberry Lane, Mendocino Avenue, and at other locations (this open-trench construction will not require detours but there will be flaggers and periodic short delays)
- Replace the water main on Chanate Road between Terra Linda Drive and Belvedere Way (open trench – flaggers and temporary short delays)
- Repave/resurface roadways which were disrupted during construction (after all work is complete; timing dependent on weather)
As this important project proceeds, we greatly appreciate everyone’s patience and understanding – especially with the detour and the recent delays in its removal. Thank you, again!
Please drive safely when near construction
As work continues, it’s important for motorists to remember to drive safely, and be on the lookout for crews and equipment.
Here are some general reminders for motorists:
- Check your speed and observe speed limits – never drive faster than is safe for the conditions
- Use extra caution and watch for equipment and materials
- Allow additional time to reach your destination
- During working hours, watch for work crews
- If going through the two temporarily-opened emergency vehicle access points (Terra Linda Drive/Lake Park Drive, and Andy Way/Baldwin Way), proceed slowly and carefully – access is in the northbound direction only.
Your attention to safety on the roads is greatly appreciated.