In this issue:
- Westbound Chanate Road to reopen as of 12/18
- Update on overall project schedule
- Please drive safely when near construction
* NOTE:* scheduling information shown is subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances
Westbound Chanate Road to reopen as of 12/18
We’re happy to let you know that we are on schedule to remove the detour and reopen the westbound lane of Chanate Road as of tomorrow, Saturday, December 18. Along with the lane reopening, the two emergency vehicle access points (at Terra Linda Drive and Andy Way) will be closed. Once westbound traffic on Chanate Road is restored, daily traffic control and temporary lane closures on that roadway will continue into next year as other project-related work takes place.
Please note: there will be no work on this project December 24 through January 2, due to to the holidays. Work will resume on January 3, 2022.
Remember to drive safely when near construction
Although the detour will be gone, work will be continuing on Chanate Road and other nearby streets into next year (see project schedule summary below), so please remember to drive safely when in the area, and watch carefully for crews and equipment.
Update on project schedule
The Chanate Sewer Replacement Project has always been planned to be an approximately two-year project (the detour being only a portion of that). The overall project remains on schedule for completion in summer of 2022.
*Here is a summary of the primary work elements still to be accomplished for the overall project (pipeline installations will typically be open-trench, with flaggers and periodic short delays):
- Install sewer pipes on:
- Chanate Road between approximately Lomitas Avenue and Slater Street – begins early January, continuing for several weeks
- Strawberry Lane – begins early January 2022, continuing for several weeks
- Mendocino Avenue – begins late January 2022, continuing into mid-February
- Lomitas Lane – begins early February 2022, continuing for several weeks
- Replace water main on Chanate Road between Terra Linda Drive and Belvedere Way – timing and details are forthcoming
- Repave/resurface roadways which were disrupted during construction – begins late February 2022, continuing for approximately one month (final timing dependent on weather and completion of other work)
- Abandon the old sewer pipeline (filling with concrete) – mid-June – mid-July 2022 (start date regulated by California Department of Fish and Wildlife)
*Schedules are estimated and subject to change