In this issue:
- Potholing on Chanate Road underway
- Strawberry Drive sewer pipeline installation rescheduled to begin February 11
- Updated overall project schedule
* NOTE* All schedules are subject to change due to weather or other circumstances
Potholing on Chanate Road underway
Potholing (small test holes in the roadway to identify underground utilities) is underway on Chanate Road between approximately Belvedere Way and Terra Linda Drive, in preparation for installation of the new water main. The potholing process is anticipated to continue into mid-February. Once complete, the water main pipeline installation will get underway (estimated to continue into early March). During the water main installation work, motorists should expect traffic control and minor delays.
Strawberry Drive sewer pipeline installation rescheduled to begin February 11
The installation of sewer pipeline on Strawberry Drive has been rescheduled to begin on Friday February 11, and will continue for an estimated one-to-two weeks. Affected residents on Strawberry Drive are being notified of this work and the updated schedule.
Updated overall project schedule
The two-year Chanate Sewer Replacement Project is on schedule for completion in summer of 2022. Below is an updated summary of the primary work elements still to be accomplished. As the project moves forward, work on and around Chanate Road will generally involve periodic single lane/2-way traffic control with flaggers; motorists should expect short delays. Trenches will be plated and roadways fully reopened to traffic at the end of each work day and on weekends.
NOTE All schedules are subject to change due to weather or other circumstances
- Some remaining work near the triangle at Belvedere Way/Humboldt Street/Chanate Road, and removal of the detour of westbound Chanate Road at this location – expected completion in mid-February
- Install sewer pipes on:
- Chanate Road (Lomitas Avenue to Slater Street) – starts February 7
- Strawberry Lane – starts February 11
- Mendocino Avenue (primarily night work) – starts late February
- Lomitas Lane – starts in March
- Replace water main on Chanate Road between Terra Linda Drive and Belvedere Way – potholing is underway; pipeline installation expected to begin in mid-February
- Repave/resurface roadways which were disrupted during construction – anticipated to begin late March 2022, continuing for approximately one month (final timing dependent on weather and completion of other work)
- Abandon the old sewer pipeline (filling with concrete) – expected to take place mid-June through mid-July 2022 (start date regulated by California Department of Fish and Wildlife)
Please exercise additional caution when traveling on Chanate Road and other streets where work is taking place. Watch for crews and equipment, be aware of signage, flaggers, and lane changes. Observe posted speed limits, and never drive faster than is safe for the conditions.