In this issue:
- Chanate Road sewer main and lateral installation continues
- Water main replacement on Chanate Road starts next week
- Work on Strawberry Drive scheduled to start March 4
- Updated overall project schedule
NOTE All schedules are subject to change due to weather or other circumstances
Chanate Road sewer main and lateral installation continues
The installation of sewer main and laterals (laterals are the pipelines which carry wastewater from residences and businesses to the main sewer line) is continuing along both upper and lower Chanate Road. This work is expected to continue for the next one-to-two weeks.
Water main replacement on Chanate Road starts next week
Replacement of the water main pipeline on Chanate Road between Terra Linda Drive and Belvedere Way is expected to get fully underway by the middle of next week, and continue for an estimated two-to-three weeks. This work will include several days of saw cutting of the asphalt, followed by excavating trenches, laying the pipeline, and backfilling the trenches. During this work, motorists should expect daytime traffic control and minor delays.
Work on Strawberry Drive scheduled to start in early March
Installation of sewer main line and laterals on Strawberry Drive is scheduled to start by March 4, and continue for approximately one week. Please watch for crews and equipment.
Updated overall project schedule
The two-year Chanate Sewer Replacement Project is on schedule for completion in summer of 2022. Below is an updated summary of the primary work elements still to be accomplished. As the project moves forward, work on and around Chanate Road will generally involve periodic single lane/2-way traffic control with flaggers; motorists should expect short delays. Trenches will be plated and roadways fully reopened to traffic at the end of each work day and on weekends.
Please note that the schedules for the work on Mendocino Avenue and the work on Lomitas Lane are currently being refined, with the potential for them to be pushed further into March. An updated schedule will be provided as soon as it is available.
All schedules are subject to change due to weather or other circumstances
- Replace water main on Chanate Road between Terra Linda Drive and Belvedere Way – expected to begin by February 23
- Install sewer pipelines on:
- Strawberry Drive – starts early March
- Mendocino Avenue (primarily night work) – schedule pending
- Lomitas Lane – schedule pending
- Repave/resurface roadways which were disrupted during construction – anticipated to begin late March 2022, continuing for approximately one month (final timing dependent on weather and completion of other work)
- Abandon the old sewer pipeline (filling with concrete) – expected to take place mid-June through mid-July 2022 (start date regulated by California Department of Fish and Wildlife)
Please exercise additional caution when traveling on Chanate Road and other streets where work is taking place. Watch for crews and equipment, be aware of signage, flaggers, and lane changes. Observe posted speed limits, and never drive faster than is safe for the conditions.