In this issue:
- Water main replacement on Chanate Road underway
- Work on Strawberry Drive underway
- Updated overall project schedule
NOTE All schedules are subject to change due to weather or other circumstances
Water main replacement on Chanate Road underway
Work on excavation of trenches, laying of pipeline, and backfilling trenches is underway for the water main replacement on Chanate Road between Terra Linda Drive and Belvedere Way. This will be followed by installing main line extensions, hydrant connections, and water service line connections, which will continue into mid-to-late-April. Motorists should expect daytime traffic control and minor delays.
Work on Strawberry Drive underway
The installation of sewer main line and laterals on Strawberry Drive is underway, and is expected to continue through next week. Please watch for crews and equipment.
Updated overall project schedule
The two-year Chanate Sewer Replacement Project is on schedule for completion in summer of 2022. Below is an updated summary of the primary work elements still to be accomplished. As the project moves forward motorists should watch for work crews, equipment, and periodic temporary traffic control. Motorists may experience short delays. Trenches will be plated and roadways fully reopened to traffic at the end of each work day and on weekends.
All schedules are subject to change due to weather or other circumstances
- Replace water main on Chanate Road between Terra Linda Drive and Belvedere Way – underway
- Install sewer pipelines on:
- Strawberry Drive – underway
- Mendocino Avenue (primarily night work, 500 feet from Chanate Road, heading north) – anticipated to occur in April but dependent on other work being completed first
- Lomitas Lane – anticipated to occur in April but also dependent on other work being completed first
We’ll update you with specific dates for the Mendocino Avenue and Lomitas Lane work elements as the schedule is finalized.
- Repave/resurface roadways which were disrupted during construction – anticipated to begin late April 2022, continuing for approximately one month (final timing dependent on weather and completion of other work)
- Abandon the old sewer pipeline (filling with concrete) – expected to take place mid-June through mid-July 2022 (start date regulated by California Department of Fish and Wildlife)
Please exercise additional caution when traveling on Chanate Road and other streets where work is taking place. Watch for crews and equipment, be aware of signage, flaggers, and lane changes. Observe posted speed limits, and never drive faster than is safe for the conditions.