In this issue:
- Water main replacement on Chanate Road to continue into early May
- Completion of sewer laterals on Strawberry Drive rescheduled for April 8
- Updated overall project schedule
NOTE All schedules are subject to change due to weather or other circumstances
Water main replacement on Chanate Road to continue into early May
The water main replacement on Chanate Road between Terra Linda Drive and Belvedere Way is underway and will continue into early May. Current work includes hydrant and water service line connections, and testing. This will be followed in late April by “tie-ins” (connecting the new main line to the existing water main, at multiple locations). During the tie-in phase, there will be short periods when water must be shut-off. Affected residents will be notified prior to a water shut-off. Motorists should expect daytime traffic control and minor delays.
Completion of sewer laterals on Strawberry Drive rescheduled for April 8
The installation of sewer laterals on Strawberry Drive is continuing, and is now expected to be complete by the end of next week. Please watch for crews and equipment.
Updated overall project schedule
The two-year Chanate Sewer Replacement Project is on schedule for completion in summer of 2022. Below is an updated summary of the primary work elements still to be accomplished. As the project moves forward motorists should watch for work crews, equipment, and periodic temporary traffic control. Motorists may experience short delays. Trenches will be plated and roadways fully reopened to traffic at the end of each work day and on weekends.
All schedules are subject to change due to weather or other circumstances
- Replace water main on Chanate Road between Terra Linda Drive and Belvedere Way – underway
- Install sewer pipelines on:
- Strawberry Drive – underway
- Lomitas Lane – tentatively scheduled to start on April 14
- Mendocino Avenue (primarily night work, +/-500 feet heading north from Chanate Road) – tentatively scheduled to start the week of April 18
- Repave/resurface roadways which were disrupted during construction – anticipated to begin late April 2022, continuing for approximately one month (final timing dependent on weather and completion of other work)
- Abandon the old sewer pipeline (filling with concrete) – expected to take place mid-June through mid-July 2022 (start date regulated by California Department of Fish and Wildlife)
Please exercise additional caution when traveling on Chanate Road and other streets where work is taking place. Watch for crews and equipment, be aware of signage, flaggers, and lane changes. Observe posted speed limits, and never drive faster than is safe for the conditions.