In this issue:
- Lomitas Lane pipeline installation continuing
- Mendocino Avenue night work completed
- Chanate Road water main testing/tie-ins continuing into late May
- Updated overall project schedule
NOTE All schedules are subject to change due to weather or other circumstances
Lomitas Lane pipeline installation continuing
The installation of sewer pipelines on Lomitas Lane is underway, and is expected to continue into the third week of May (depending on weather). Initial work consists of trenching and installing the main pipeline down the center of the street, followed by lateral pipeline installation. Repaving of the roadway is anticipated to take place near the end of this month.
Mendocino Avenue night work completed
The night-time work on Mendocino Avenue is completed. There is some continuing daytime work in that area (north of Chanate Road), which will take place off-street/on sidewalks, continuing through May 9.
In addition, related construction is scheduled to take place in the parking lot at 2602 Mendocino Avenue during the day on three upcoming Sundays: May 15, May 22, and June 5. This work is scheduled for Sundays in order to reduce the impact to the businesses served by the parking lot. The work is not expected to affect traffic on Mendocino Avenue. Nearby neighbors may hear construction noise.
Chanate Road water main testing/tie-ins continuing into late May
The water main replacement on Chanate Road between Terra Linda Drive and Belvedere Way is expected to be completed by the end of May. Remaining work consists primarily of pipeline testing and tie-ins (connecting the new main line to the existing water main, at multiple locations). The tie-in phase requires short periods when water must be shut-off. Affected residents will be notified prior to a water shut-off. Motorists should expect some daytime traffic control and minor delays.
Updated overall project schedule
The two-year Chanate Sewer Replacement Project is on schedule for completion this summer. Below is an updated summary of the primary work elements underway or still to be accomplished.
Reminder: all schedules are subject to change
due to weather or other circumstances
- Replace water main on Chanate Road between Terra Linda Drive and Belvedere Way – underway
- Install sewer pipelines on Lomitas Lane – underway
- Mendocino Avenue daytime work, off-street – underway
- Related construction in parking lot at 2602 Mendocino Avenue – May 15 and 22, and June 5
- Installation of ADA curb ramps, various locations – begins in late May
- Repave/resurface roadways which were disrupted during construction – begins in late May
- Abandon the old sewer pipeline (filling with concrete) – expected to start by mid-June (start date regulated by California Department of Fish and Wildlife), with completion expected by early July.
Please exercise additional caution when traveling on Chanate Road and other streets where work is taking place. Watch for crews and equipment, be aware of signage, flaggers, and lane changes. Observe posted speed limits, and never drive faster than is safe for the conditions.