In this issue:
- Road resurfacing to start in mid-May
- Lomitas Lane pipeline installation continuing
- Sunday work in parking lot at 2602 Mendocino Avenue
- Chanate Road water main testing/tie-ins continuing into late May
- Updated overall project schedule
NOTE All schedules are subject to change due to weather or other circumstances
Road resurfacing to start in mid-May
As we quickly approach the completion of the Chanate Sewer Project, crews will soon start the road surface preparation, concrete work (curbs, gutters, sidewalks), and resurfacing of the roadways which were disrupted during construction (see tentative schedule below). During this concrete/asphalt operation, there will be short traffic delays and some inconvenience – thank you for your patience. Watch for single-lane traffic control, flaggers, and equipment, and allow extra time to get to and from your destinations.
Lomitas Lane pipeline installation continuing
The installation of sewer pipelines on Lomitas Lane is underway, and is expected to continue into the third week of May (depending on weather). Initial work consists of trenching and installing the main pipeline down the center of the street, followed by lateral pipeline installation. After that, there will be road surface preparation, curb and gutter concrete work, and resurfacing of the roadway. This work is currently scheduled for May 20 – 27.
Sunday work in parking lot at 2602 Mendocino Avenue
Project-related construction is scheduled to take place in the parking lot at 2602 Mendocino Avenue during the day on three upcoming Sundays: May 15, May 22, and June 5. This work is scheduled for Sundays in order to reduce the impact to the businesses served by the parking lot. The work is not expected to affect traffic on Mendocino Avenue. Nearby neighbors may hear construction noise.
Chanate Road water main testing/tie-ins continuing into late May
The water main replacement on Chanate Road between Terra Linda Drive and Belvedere Way is expected to be completed by the end of May. Remaining work consists primarily of pipeline testing and tie-ins (connecting the new main line to the existing water main, at multiple locations). The tie-in phase requires short periods when water must be shut-off. Affected residents will be notified prior to a water shut-off. Motorists should expect some daytime traffic control and minor delays.
Updated overall project schedule
The two-year Chanate Sewer Replacement Project is on schedule for completion this summer. Below is an updated summary of the primary work elements underway or still to be accomplished.
Reminder: all schedules are subject to change
due to weather or other circumstances
- Replace water main on Chanate Road between Terra Linda Drive and Belvedere Way – underway
- Install sewer pipelines on Lomitas Lane – underway
- Related construction in parking lot at 2602 Mendocino Avenue – May 15 and 22, and June 5
- Installation of ADA curb ramps, various locations – begins in mid-to-late May
- Road surface preparation, concrete work (curbs, gutters, sidewalks), and resurfacing of the roadways which were disrupted during construction – begins in mid-May (tentative schedules – subject to change)
- Lomitas Avenue: 5/18 – 6/8
- Lomitas Lane: 5/20 – 5/27
- Plum Drive: 6/1
- Strawberry Drive: 6/1 – 6/3
- Chanate Road: 6/6 – 6/10
- Abandon the old sewer pipeline (filling with concrete) – expected to start by mid-June (start date regulated by California Department of Fish and Wildlife), with completion expected by early July.
Please exercise additional caution when traveling on Chanate Road and other streets where work is taking place. Watch for crews and equipment, be aware of signage, flaggers, and lane changes. Observe posted speed limits, and never drive faster than is safe for the conditions.