In this issue:
- Lomitas Lane resurfacing rescheduled for May 23 – June 3
- Sunday work in parking lot at 2602 Mendocino Avenue
- Chanate Road water main expected to be complete by May 27
- Resurfacing coming to streets throughout the project area
- Updated overall project schedule
NOTE All schedules are subject to change due to weather or other circumstances
Lomitas Lane resurfacing rescheduled for May 23 – June 3
With the sewer and lateral pipeline installation on Lomitas Lane just about complete, crews are starting the process of restoring and resurfacing the roadway. This was earlier scheduled to begin late this week; however due to certain site conditions it is now scheduled to begin May 23 and continue to June 3. The process will begin with repair of concrete areas impacted as part of construction. Actual road resurfacing will take place over a period of three days the following week, likely Wednesday – Friday. Residents will be notified with door-hangers prior to the start of that three-day period of resurfacing, and have already been notified of the need to completely close the road while the new surface is cooling and curing.
Sunday work in parking lot at 2602 Mendocino Avenue
Project-related construction has been taking place in the parking lot at 2602 Mendocino Avenue during the day on Sundays, to reduce the impact to the businesses served by the parking lot. The final day of significant work at that location will be June 5, followed by paving on Sunday, June 12. The work is not expected to affect traffic on Mendocino Avenue. Nearby neighbors may hear construction noise.
Chanate Road water main expected to be complete by May 27
The water main replacement on Chanate Road between Terra Linda Drive and Belvedere Way is expected to be completed by May 27, as crews finish up the pipeline testing and tie-ins (connecting the new main line to the existing water main, at multiple locations).
Resurfacing coming to streets throughout the project area
The Chanate Sewer Project is quickly nearing completion! Crews will soon start the road surface preparation, concrete work (curbs, gutters, sidewalks), and resurfacing of the roadways which were disrupted during construction (see tentative, updated schedule below). During this concrete/asphalt operation, there will be lane closures, including for a period of hours after resurfacing as the new surface cools and sets. Thank you for your patience. Watch for single-lane traffic control, flaggers, and equipment, and allow extra time to get to and from your destinations.
Updated overall project schedule
The two-year Chanate Sewer Replacement Project is on schedule for completion this summer. Below is an updated summary of the primary work elements underway or still to be accomplished.
Reminder: all schedules are subject to change
due to weather or other circumstances
- Replace water main on Chanate Road between Terra Linda Drive and Belvedere Way – underway
- Install sewer pipelines on Lomitas Lane – underway
- Related construction in parking lot at 2602 Mendocino Avenue – 6/5, 6/12
- Installation of ADA curb ramps, various locations – begins in late May
- Road surface preparation, concrete work (curbs, gutters, sidewalks), and resurfacing of roadways which were disrupted during construction (tentative schedules – subject to change)
- Lomitas Avenue: 5/23 – 6/6
- Lomitas Lane: 5/23 – 6/3
- Plum Drive: 5/31
- Strawberry Drive: 6/6 – 6/8
- Chanate Road: 6/9 – 6/17
- Abandon the old sewer pipeline (filling with concrete) – expected to start by mid-June (start date regulated by California Department of Fish and Wildlife), with completion expected by early July.
Please exercise additional caution when traveling on Chanate Road and other streets where work is taking place. Watch for crews and equipment, be aware of signage, flaggers, and lane changes. Observe posted speed limits, and never drive faster than is safe for the conditions.