In this issue:
- Project nearing completion! Street resurfacing starting
- Lomitas Lane and Lomitas Avenue resurfacing schedule
- Sunday work in parking lot at 2602 Mendocino Avenue
- Updated overall project schedule
NOTE All schedules are subject to change due to weather or other circumstances
Project nearing completion! Street resurfacing starting
The Chanate Sewer Project is quickly nearing completion, and road resurfacing activity is getting underway! This includes road surface preparation, concrete work (curbs, gutters, sidewalks), and asphalt resurfacing of the roadways which were disrupted during construction (see tentative, updated schedule below). During the asphalt work, there will be lane closures, including for a period of hours after resurfacing as the new surface cools and sets.
- Throughout the project area, during resurfacing please watch for single-lane traffic control, flaggers, and equipment, and allow extra time to get to and from your destinations.
- Residents on the streets being resurfaced will hear significant equipment noise including grinding of the road surface.
Thank you for your patience! Following the resurfacing, work will include bringing manholes and other elements up to the new street level.
Lomitas Lane and Lomitas Avenue resurfacing schedule
Preparation work for resurfacing Lomitas Lane is underway, and the actual asphalt work is scheduled to take place Wednesday June 1 through Friday June 3. Residents will be notified with door-hangers prior to the start of that three-day period of resurfacing, and have already been notified of the need to close Lomitas Lane temporarily while the new surface is installed, and cools and hardens.
Preparation of Lomitas Avenue is underway, and is scheduled for asphalt work on Monday, June 6 (door-hanger notifications will be distributed). This will also require some temporary street closures. Residents of Lomitas Lane will be able to exit and enter their street via Lomitas Avenue, with the exception of short periods while paving activity is directly at the point where the two roads meet.
Residents on streets being resurfaced will experience significant equipment noise including grinding of the road surface.
Sunday work in parking lot at 2602 Mendocino Avenue
Project-related construction has been taking place in the parking lot at 2602 Mendocino Avenue during the day on Sundays, to reduce the impact to the businesses served by the parking lot. The final day of significant work at that location will be June 5, followed by paving on Sunday, June 12. The work is not expected to affect traffic on Mendocino Avenue. Nearby neighbors may hear construction noise.
Updated overall project schedule
The two-year Chanate Sewer Replacement Project is on schedule for completion this summer. Below is an updated summary of the primary work elements underway or still to be accomplished.
Reminder: all schedules are subject to change
due to weather or other circumstances
- Related construction in parking lot at 2602 Mendocino Avenue – 6/5, 6/12
- Installation of ADA curb ramps, various locations – underway
- Road surface preparation, concrete work (curbs, gutters, sidewalks), and resurfacing of roadways which were disrupted during construction (tentative schedules – subject to change) –
- Plum Drive: 5/31
- Lomitas Lane: underway; asphalt work 6/1 – 6/3
- Lomitas Avenue: underway; asphalt work 6/6
- Strawberry Drive: 6/6 – 6/8
- Chanate Road: 6/9 – 6/15
- Mendocino Avenue: 6/16 – 6/17
- Abandon the old sewer pipeline (filling with concrete) – expected to start by mid-June (start date regulated by California Department of Fish and Wildlife), with completion expected by early July.
Please exercise additional caution when traveling on Chanate Road and other streets where work is taking place. Watch for crews and equipment, be aware of signage, flaggers, and lane changes. Observe posted speed limits, and never drive faster than is safe for the conditions.