In this issue:
- “Raising iron” nearly completed
- Abandonment of old sewer line starts 7/7
- Other work remaining
NOTE All schedules are subject to change due to weather or other circumstances
“Raising iron” nearly completed
The near-final phase of the project, “raising iron” (raising manholes and other elements to the new street surface level) will be completed next week at a few locations on Chanate Road and Mendocino Avenue (please note that this work includes some jackhammering on small areas of roadway that have already been repaved).
Abandonment of old sewer line starts 7/7
Crews are preparing to abandon the old sewer pipelines, a process that is scheduled to get underway on July 7 and continue into late July. It largely consists of filling the old pipes with concrete. Although this process will generally not affect motorists, traffic control in some areas may be required.
Other work remaining
During these final few weeks of work, please continue to watch for possible traffic control, flaggers, and equipment throughout the project area, and allow extra time to get to and from your destinations.
- The final phase of project-related construction in the parking lot at 2602 Mendocino Avenue will take place on Sunday July 10 and Monday July 11. The work on Monday will require a temporary lane closure on Mendocino Avenue. Nearby neighbors may hear construction noise.
- There are two roadwork finishing items left on Strawberry Drive, scheduled for the week of July 18.
- There is also some remaining work on Lomitas Lane (fence/guardrail installation), and Chanate Road (fence installations). These work items are expected to be completed by late July.
- Once all scheduled construction is completed, the City and construction contractors will review all of the work to identify any “punch list” items, which are the final details that need to be addressed. That process will continue into late July.