In this issue:
- Abandonment of old sewer line starts Monday
- Other work remaining
NOTE All schedules are subject to change due to weather or other circumstances
Abandonment of old sewer line starts Monday
With the new sewer system in place and operational, and much of the peripheral and roadway work completed, crews are about to begin the process of abandoning the old sewer pipelines. This process, largely consisting of filling the old pipes with concrete, is expected to begin July 11 and continue through July 18. During the latter part of the work, traffic control in some areas will be required – please watch for lane closures and trucks.
Other work remaining
During these final few weeks of work, please continue to watch for traffic control, flaggers, and equipment throughout the project area, and allow extra time to get to and from your destinations.
- The last few days of “Raising iron (raising manholes and other elements to the new street surface level) at several locations is scheduled to be completed by July 13.
- The final phase of project-related construction in the parking lot at 2602 Mendocino Avenue will take place this Sunday July 10 and Monday July 11. The work on Monday will require a temporary lane closure on Mendocino Avenue. Nearby neighbors may hear construction noise.
- On Lomitas Lane (fence/guardrail installation) and Chanate Road (fencing installation), work is scheduled for July 11-12 and July 18-19.
- Roadwork finishing items on Strawberry Drive are scheduled for July 19 – 21.
- The damaged areas of the approaches to the emergency vehicle access point at Andy Way/Baldwin Way are scheduled to be replaced July 19 – 21 (note: the bollards will remain in place during this work, and thereafter except as directed by emergency/public safety staff)
- Once all scheduled construction is completed, the City and construction contractors will review all of the work to identify any “punch list” items, which are the final details that need to be addressed. That process will continue into late July.